Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Olfrygt signs on

Afternoon All,I recently discovered this website & blog, and will spend some time sifting through all of it.My busines partner & I are based in Perth, Western Australia, and bought a UFO34 nearly 3 years ago. It was in sad shape, and we spent way too much (as always!) getting her back in tip-top shape.She is now called "Olfrygt" (Google it for a laugh), sail number RF184, based out of Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club. Off course we have a million & one stories about her refit, and the various racing & cruising adventures we have had since then.The UFO34 was a very poluar boat here in Perth from the 70's to 80's - I know a few dozen here at least. Most were built locally under licence, or finished in peoples front yards.I'm not sure if you have a regular Perth contact, but I'd be happy to feed you all the local UFO34 news, as well as the many stories we have to tell.All the best for 2008!!Bryan ! Thurstan

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Hi Bryan, Thanks for your message to UFO News. Adrian

Unknown said...

Hello Bryan

Just wondering if you could tell me any work that you did on the cutlass bearing and or steering bearings when you re worked Olfrygt

My 34 seems to be slack in the drive shaft near the cutlass bearing and replacing the bearing looks to be the option. Might also replace steering bearings at same time.

Any hints on this type of work greatly appreciated pls.
Roger in Sydney owner of Rumbalara.(rogerf.murphy@gmail.com)